Be the “is-ness” of your Self.
Do not doubt it.
Continue with it.
* The quintessential teaching of Dzogchen
Have you ever wished of being a master in your own life?
- to know from where does your¬†fear and joy come from
- develop emotional mastery
- clear the head, stay focused and clever
- to be able to enjoy the peacefulness inside
- understand your motivation and desires
- be aware of your awareness and Self
To know HOW to live? I know, that I have.
And I am still learning, every day being my teacher
Let me share with you, how I got to where I am today.First, it was just curiosity – how does all of this work? That’s why I joined the medical school and eventually¬†psychiatry. At the same time, everywhere amongst my colleagues I saw us having the same problems like every other person did. Yep, me too! Meaning psychology and psychiatry alone provide no keys to happiness nor solid structure to support at times of hardship and ¬†trouble. I kept on the quest.¬†I turned my eyes towards¬†yoga¬†and the teachings of the¬†siddhas, the realized ones. It was a secret, that I had to hide. Haha, so funny. But true at a time.
So, the science they created, was using themselves as an object of investigation – observing their own minds, urges, emotions and reasons for getting on in life. By now I was not looking for universal ailments how to get out of trouble. Instead I was more interested in HOW to prevent the everyday hardships and even more -
HOW to thrive, not just survive?
I wish to bring out¬†7 important elements¬†in developing into your masterful self:
- First of all, get out of the autopilot and have a look at what is going on in your life. Come out of your own bubble and notice what kind of events, people, emotions, thoughts, desires and resistances do you have? How is your body doing and maybe make some life-style changes.
- Always, be honest with yourself, even if things are not going as you would like them to.
- Learn about emotional mastery – how not to get hooked up by them and how to be in friendly, jet beneficial relationship with your emotions. Learn some proven techniques how not to instantly react, but rather respond.
- Take the science of the mind seriously – it is an education you will need to use every day. It is not just about changing your belief systems, but by operating at a causal level, it forms the infrastructure of how your life will unfold.
- Learn to distinguish between the virtual reality proposed by the mind and the physical reality.
- Make the effort to become aware of the awareness itself. Your everyday tool (gone un-noticed) to make contact with your thoughts, emotions and via the 5 senses, with all of the perceptive world. It holds the secret to what will become your one reality from the endless sea possibilities. It leads you to using your intuition as you find it beneficial and not just depending on chance or circumstances.
- For self-mastery, there must be the Self. This Self must be located, all your doubts cleared. Find a way to experience (not read, or learn – this is theoretical) this stable core. It is not as mystical, if you (or your teacher) know(s) what you are looking for and the exact steps how to get there. Like in science. It will ground you forever and even in the unlucky turn of events of losing touch with the ground, you will know where the shoreline is.
I found my answers by combining knowledge and EXPERIENCE from different fields. I do recommend you to look around and see, what speaks to you.
But I also recommend to make a choice at one point – to stick with one worldview, learn it’s structure. Otherwise you can get very confused in the terminology and principles. Even worse, when you start consuming spiritual teachings like fast food – shopping around and comparing your finds with friends. Becoming a self-development junkie.
Keep a healthy balance, inside and out.