WELLBEING – Top 10¬†lifestyle¬†tips for busy professionals
Only if you support
can you function
at a high level
Top 10 tips for busy professionals¬†to sustain a¬†balanced lifestyle:
- Take good quality vitamins and magnesium, as we tend to deplete our levels when under stress
- Ensure you still get some exercise throughout the day. Make the time.
- Take the time to stop for a lunch and preferably go outside. This is also a good time to get your dose of vitamin D from the sun ‚Äď essential for healthy nervous system
- Try not to overload on carbohydrates and sugar
- Try to limit your caffeine intake as this will place excess strain on your adrenals
- Do not take work home with you if possible. Have clear boundaries between home and work time and respect them.
- Ensure that you spent some time every day relaxing. Relaxation may differ from person to person, but even something as simple as a hot bath at the end of the day or some quiet reading can help.
- Have a juice or a fruit a day. When we are under stress we release the hormone cortisol that long term will cause depletion to your immune system. By boosting up on vitamin C and antioxidants you can keep your immune cells healthy.
- Take three deep belly breaths a few times a day to bring calmness to the body and switch off the ‚Äúfight or flight‚ÄĚ response.
- Perspective is very powerful. Focus every day on at least one thing that already is well or a moment that makes you happy.