WELLBEING – your good oil guide
Only if you support
can you function
at a high level
Healthy oils¬†are essential for hormone production, beautiful hair and skin
Add a dash of wellbeing to your diet with the right oils. The main benefit consists of the right ratio between¬†omega -3¬†and omega -6 ‚Äď the first being important in cardiac health and hormone balance. Many of the ‚ÄúGood‚ÄĚ oils are also rich in antioxidants, boosting the immune system and fighting aging.¬†Your “Good” Oil Guide:
- Hempseed: contains a balance of oomega -3, -6 and -9 that matches the body‚Äôs requirements. A study in Finland found dry skin improved in 2 weeks with daily doses. Dizzle on soups, salads, in smoothies. It has a gorgeous nutty flavor. Available in most health stores.
- Coconut: is high in saturated fat, making it a good source for energy. It has been used in natural medicine as anti-fungal and anti-parasitic.
- Flaxseed: is an excellent veggie source of essential oomega -3s, that are vital to brain function and healthy hormones. You can use it in smoothies or soups, but tastes a little bitter.
- Pumpkin seed: high in magnesium, zinc, selenium and oomega -3s, pumpkin has a anti-inflammatory effect. Mix half and half with extra virgin olive oil for salad dressing or roast the seeds for a healthy snack.
- Avocado: great for skin, with a good ratio of oomega -3 and -6. Avocado oil may increase the collagen in skin, meaning less wrinkles and better tone.
- Almond: high in vitamin E and monounsaturated fats (which reduce LDL ‚Äď the bad cholesterol). It is also good for promoting hair growth and preventing split-ends. Use in smoothies or mix with sesame oil to add flavor to your stir-fry.
- Extra virgine olive: a staple of the meditarranean diet, it has multiple proven health benefits. Olive oil contains phytochemicals that are antioxidants and cardio-protective. It is great for skin and nails too.